STORYJUMPER


The groups were made by coincidence of characters within the highest level students. They were free to make their choices and I agreed with the outcome.

First, I explained the goals of the activity:

- Using the English language in a meaningful way.

- Using visual support to make it understandable.

- Using Written language to tell a story.

- Learning new vocabulary and expressions.

- Being aware of the self language level.


Afterwards, I showed the way the app worked. Obviously, they got really quick because they all are used to manage this type of tools. They picked and designed their story and started to work. I just stayed for them to support in any question related to vocabulary, expressions and so on. I encouraged to be creative and use their imagination. Sometimes they don't really know what they are capable of. At first they felt insecure and hesitated about sentences, using pictures, the plot and I just gave a little push to carry on. I noticed they enjoyed a lot with the process itself, creating new characters and using the language for a specific purpose. It makes me realize about the need to use this kind of activities more often. When they displayed their stories they were excited and eager to show their jobs. Maybe, this is a point to work further on next projects. I mean, they have to work deeply on their displays, coordination and oral use of the language. Finally, we all have discussed about the project, the process of doing, the outcome and they all admitted they would do better next time because the already know how to focus on the process.


 https://www.storyjumper.com/book/read/95191416/5fe0745eb5108

https://www.storyjumper.com/book/read/95190896/5fe074215f148


Comentarios

  1. Hello.

    I am María from the course “Innovative Teaching Practices Supported by the Focused Use of ICT Tools in the Language Classroom” and I have chosen your blog to analyse.

    At a first sight, I can see a well-structured blog, with a formal language and a good description of your activities. However, if I were you, I would add pictures and provide the blog with more colours in order to attrach the readers.

    Analysing your activities, I specially love your storyjumper activity, your students’ creations are wonderful!

    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Genially

New genially activity